Young Adults with Mental Health Concerns
VCBH (Ventura County Behavioral Health) Transitions Program: Mental health services for TAY, supporting your choices in treatment. For more information, visit Transitions Program.
Pacific Clinics TAY Wellness & Recovery Center:
141 W. 5th St., Suite D, Oxnard
Mon - Fri 9AM - 5:30PM
Sat 11AM - 3PM
Meetings for LGBTQ+ youth ages 13 to 23 every Friday from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Free and confidential.
Westpark Community Center
450 West Harrison St., Ventura, CA 93001
• Turning Point Foundation: Mental illness recovery and support services, including housing and community centers.
• The Client Network: Resource referrals for any level of care, community forums & advocacy. (805) 981-4228
• Transformational Liaison Program: Assistance in navigating the mental health system, providing direction and referral.
• For assessment and referral: Call the VCBH STAR Team at 1-866-998-2243.
• If you're in crisis: Call the VCBH Crisis Team at 1-866-998-2243.
• Emergency: If you believe your loved one is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need the assistance of law enforcement, call 911.
• Community Resources: Call 2-1-1, visit www.211ventura.org or text your zip code to 898211.
TAY is short for transitional age youth, ages16-25, wherever you are along your path to adulthood, independence and recovery from mental health problems. Taking care of your mental health is as important as taking care of your physical health.
Want information? Looking for support? Explore this website for information about local and national resources.
As a starting point, check out Ventura County Local Resources listed on this page.
For ideas for simple things you can do to help yourself be well and stay well, see the Wellness Action Plan.
Have you ever heard someone implying that people with mental illnesses have low IQs? See Myths and Facts for that and other common myths.
If you have suggestions for other topics and resources that would be useful to find here, please let us know – email MHSA@ventura.org.