Adults with Mental Illness
- Adult Wellness & Recovery Center:
Oxnard - (805) 653-5045
Ventura - (805) 653-5308
- Turning Point Foundation: Mental illness recovery and support services, including housing and community centers.
- The Client Network: Resource referrals for any level of care, community forums & advocacy. (805) 981-4228
- Transformational Liaison Program: Assistance in navigating the mental health system, providing direction and referral.
- For assessment and referral: Call the VCBH STAR Team at
- If you're in crisis: Call the VCBH Crisis Team at 1-866-998-2243.
- Emergency: If you believe your loved one is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need the assistance of law enforcement, call 911.
- Community Resources: Call 2-1-1, visit www.211ventura.org or text your zip code to 898211.
Want information? Looking for support? Explore this website for information about local and national resources. As a starting point, learn about Recovery from Mental Illness and check out Ventura County Local Resources listed on the right.
For ideas for simple things you can do to help yourself be well and stay well, see the Wellness Action Plan.
Have you ever heard someone implying that people with mental illnesses have low IQs? See Myths and Facts for that and other common myths.
If you have suggestions for other topics and resources that would be useful to find here, please let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org.