LGBTQ+ Resources for Teens
State & National Resources
The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ+ youth.
- The Trevor Project Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386 - free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- TrevorText: Available on Thursdays and Fridays, 1 pm - 5 pm PT. Text the word “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Transgender suicide prevention and crisis support
California Youth Crisis Line
Help with issues including medical care, dating violence, sexual assault, runaway resources and homelessness
1-800-843-5200 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
FEATURED: RAINBOW UMBRELLA
Rainbow Umbrella (RU) is a positive, safe and welcoming space, free of drugs and alcohol. RU is an activities-based program that provides support and empowerment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and questioning (LGBTIQQ) youth ages 13 to 23 and their allies.
Meetings every Friday from 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
Free and confidential.
Community Resource Center
2471 Portola Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
Support local teens and share this information!
Interface Children & Family Services
Runaway & homeless youth shelter services (ages 12-17)
260 W. 4th Street, Oxnard, CA
GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance) and Related School Clubs
There are GSA clubs at many high schools and colleges in Ventura County, including:
- Buena High School
- California Virtual Academies
- Channel Islands High School
- Fillmore High School – Social Equality Club
- Hueneme High School
- Newbury Park High School
- Oxnard High School
- Pacifica High School
- Rio Mesa High School
- Santa Paula High School
- Santa Susana High School
- Thousand Oaks High School
- Ventura High School
- Westlake High School
- Cal Lutheran University – PRIDE (People Respecting Individuality, Diversity, and Equality)
- CSU Channel Islands – Spectrum – Queer-Straight Alliance
- Oxnard College – Rainbow Cafe
- Ventura College
Interested in starting a GSA?
Check out: gsanetwork.org/resources/building-your-gsa
Please contact email@example.com if you have additional suggestions for local nonprofit resources.