Independent Living Skills
Text or call 2-1-1 (for mental wellness, housing, job, runaway, or other resources)
Text your zip code to 898211
California Youth Crisis Line
Help with issues including medical care, dating violence, sexual assault, runaway resources and homelessness
1-800-843-5200 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Family Urgent Response System (FURS)
Call or text: 1-833-939-FURS (3877)
The Family Urgent Response System (FURS) is a free 24/7/365 hotline for current or former foster youth to call and receive immediate help for either non-urgent or urgent matters
TAY Tunnel – call or drop in
141 W. 5th St., Suite D, Oxnard
Mon - Fri 9AM - 5:30PM
Sat 11AM - 3PM
Turning Point Foundation: Mental illness recovery and support services, including housing and community centers.
The Client Network: Resource referrals for any level of care, community forums & advocacy. (805) 981-4228
For assessment and referral: Call the VCBH STAR Team at
If you're in crisis: Call the VCBH Crisis Team at 1-866-998-2243.
Emergency: If you believe your loved one is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need the assistance of law enforcement, call 911.
For counseling, food assistance, health care, housing, legal assistance, transportation, and much more, call 2-1-1 for help in finding the services you need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Community Action of Ventura County provides housing, food, employment, family, and legal services.
- Ventura County One-Stop Job & Career Centers: For information about finding work, preparing resumes and more.
- California Department of Rehabilitation, Vocational Rehabilitation Services:
- Oxnard-Ventura branch: (805) 385-2400
- Thousand Oaks branch: (805) 371-6279
- Watch Mental Health Works' “Working Through It” video
- Also see How to Talk About Mental Illness
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WITH HEALTHCARE
- Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- The Medicine Program provides patient assistance with the enrollment process in drug assistance programs.
- Needymeds, a non-profit information resource helps people find assistance programs to help them afford medications and health care costs.
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage find public or private programs that can help them get the medication they need.
- RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs, as well as practical tools, news, and articles.
- A list of drug companies that offer assistance programs: NAMI Patient Prescription Drug Assistance Programs