Healthy Living with Mental Illness

For More Information

Changing Perceptions & Mythbusting

Mental Illness

Support: In Person, by Phone & Online

About Medications

Financial Assistance with Medications

  • Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
  • The Medicine Program provides patient assistance with the enrollment process in drug assistance programs.
  • Needymeds, a non-profit information resource helps people find assistance programs to help them afford medications and health care costs.
  • The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage find public or private programs that can help them get the medication they need.
  • RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs, as well as practical tools, news, and articles.
  • A list of drug companies that offer assistance programs: NAMI Patient Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Community Services

For counseling, food assistance, health care, housing, legal assistance, transportation, and much more, call 211 for help in finding the services you need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Community Action of Ventura County provides housing, food, employment, family, and legal services. 


Veterans Services

Services for veterans and their dependents are available through the Ventura County Human Services Agency. For more information, visit Veterans Services or call (805) 477-5155.

Local Advocacy

For information about advocacy to help shape policies and counteract discrimination and stigma, see contact information for NAMI Ventura County and The Client Network on the right. The Ventura County Behavioral Health Advisory Board advises the county on what services are needed locally, and has committees which include concerned local citizens. To find out more about this board, call (805) 981-1115.

Disability Rights

California Disability Access Information: For more information, visit Disability Access Services.

Older Adult and Caregiving Services

Local Resources:

  • Area Agency on Aging: Call 805-477-7300 or click here
  • Care Givers: Assisting the elderly Age 60+ 
    Call (805) 658-8530
  • In-Home Support Services (HSA): Medi-Cal and Long Term Care - Call (805) 654-3260
  • Adult Protective Services: Report abuse or neglect
    Call (805) 654-3200

National Resources: