Strategies That Can Help Prevent Bullying
You may need to try more than one of these anti-bullying strategies to prevent a bully from bothering your child. The most important thing to do is notify as many adults as possible, so your child has the best chance of being protected from harm.
Along with anti-bullying strategies that you create with your child, they may also find these methods helpful to reduce the chances that they will be bullied:
- Stay away from locations where the bully may be.
- Stay with friends.
- Do not use a bathroom when a bully is nearby.
- Only use your locker when you are with friends.
- Sit with a friend on the bus.
- Walk with friends to class.
- Stay close to friends at recess.
- Offer to stay with your friends if they want a buddy too.
- All bullies are different, so you may have to try many different solutions before you find the one that works.
- Be sure to notify school teachers, administrators, principal, counselor, nurse and coaches and the police, if necessary, of the bullying problem so you have as much help as you can get to solve the problem and prevent potential damage.